Jan 29, 2010

Yummy!


This is a picture of a blue sky. I know many of you take the sky for granted, but this is the first blue sky I have seen since moving here approximately 1 month ago (not including when flying above the clouds). I was sooo excited yesterday to see this sky after work, I had to take a picture to document it. Then this morning it was nasty drizzly rain and it’s supposed to snow this weekend. Ew. But we had one day of blue sky!

I realized that I haven’t commented on food lately. Don’t worry, we have still been eating plenty, we just too hungry to stop and take pictures. The other day we went to an Italian place right around the corner from our apartment. It is really fancy but the service is terribly slow! I got a seafood mix on black spaghetti. The waiter asked if I had ever had it before and I said “no” and he offered to mix half white, half black but I figured black was healthier and it can’t be that bad so I told him just to leave it all black. Well I get my food and it looks like this (with more clams and a few octopus tentacles):



Kind of like a bunch of different sea urchins made a mess on my plate. It was fine though, the spaghetti tasted like seafood and it was very tasty. Just not worth the slow service and higher prices.

Kelly and I have a goal to try not to eat at the same restaurant more than once, least not yet anyways. So we went on our weekly shopping rounds last night and got hungry so we took a side street to see what we could find. We walked by a little place that was PACKED so we figured it must be really good, we’ll be trying there one of these days, but we kept walking to a place that had cute pearls in the window. Since Kelly and I are both pearl fans, we decided we should eat there. They had little chandeliers everywhere and quaint artwork on the walls. The food was amazing as well. Kelly had fajitas that were actually spicy and I had some sort of white fish (nobody knew the translation) wrapped in Serrano ham with a great sauce…..and a side of fries. This country and their fries! They also have this garlic mayonnaise that they serve with bread and it is so tasty! Too bad this country doesn’t worship broccoli and cabbage; it would be a lot easier to maintain the same pants size!!

No comments:

Post a Comment