Jan 11, 2010

Monday Morning

Good Morning! It's early and I am still trying to get my brain working. Kelly and I left early to avoid the traffic this morning. Turns out, there was no traffic so we were here 30 minutes early. Well, that didn't sound like much fun being so early so we decided to go to McDonald's and grab a bite to eat for breakfast. McDonald's doesn't open until 9am in Beverwijk. How helpful is that for breakfast or killing time? So in our journey to try and find our way to work from McDonald's we took a slight tour/detour around town and realized the entire town is still asleep. To bad we weren't also! I guess there are still some things we have to get used too!

After our detour we were still 15 minutes early and the 2nd ones at work (first car in the parking lot). We talked to another early bird and got the run down on all the good places to go in Haarlem and how to take the train to Amsterdam. Maybe we'll master that this weekend or next!

I really need to take some pants to the dry cleaners and purchase a pair of tennis shoes. While these don't seem to very big tasks, all of the shops close at 6 and we don't get home until 5:20 or so. This leaves a very limited time to do errands, especially when there is 5-10 min walk involved (through the snow and ice). We walked by a Footlockers the other night, I just have to remember where it is! And our super nice and helpful landlady gave us info on where to find the dry cleaners/alterations place. Maybe tonight we can make it.

Our washing machine is currently out of order. I just thought I wasn't smart enough to work a Dutch one, but I am slightly relieved to know it isn't me. I wish it was just me though, because I have a limited clothes supply and things don't seem to happen to fast around here in that department. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I guess it is time to get to work. Hope everyone has a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment