Jan 28, 2010

Picky? Me? Never!!

This morning has gone by quite fast compared to some other days, but the learning curve is still hitting me. Richard asked us to run a report, and we got half of it done, but I’m still trying to figure out the other half. I’ve reached out to resources who know more than I do, so I hope they have the right answer.

While we have been working on this though, Kelly and I had an interesting talk which led to a mini “lecture” by Kelly to me. The message: Love comes in all shapes and sizes. She has caught on to how picky I am with the gentlemen species. Luckily though, Kelly is very patient with my idiosyncrasies and hasn’t lashed out or thrown anything at me. I hope I don’t drive her to that point.

I have also already mentally used all of my allotted vacation days. I’m sorry family, I won’t be home much for the 2010 holiday season but I will have attended a few weddings and seen a vast majority of Europe. I figured if I warn everybody now, nobody will be upset then. Right Mom?

Kelly and I have reached a new level of “Dutch-ness.” We walked to the store yesterday evening in the cold, nasty rain. Complete “Dutch-ness” will be when we ride our bikes. We talked to our manager (Richard) about the easiest way to get a bike and apparently if we were real Dutch, we would steal one. He figured out we weren’t very comfortable with that so he said he would ask around and see if they could “find” us some bikes to use for awhile. Who knows what they will come up with, but it will be fun to explore the town via bike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaa.. you crack me up Amelia!! I did 'find' a bike in the basement of my apartment complex once when living in Zwolle, with two flat tires looked like it was 25 years old and had the keys in the lock.. I fixed it up and it was the best bike I've ever had! hahahaa I saved it from the graveyard ;D

Post a Comment