Jan 14, 2010

Not So Thirsty Thursday :)

Our internet didn't get fixed this morning :( I am using stolen internet. I apologize internet police. Maybe by tomorrow it will be working.

Last night for dinner we had our roasted chicken. It was already preflavored and everything so all we did was stick it in the oven and cook it. Granted, that still takes skill. We pulled it out just in time and it was so flavorfull and juicy and AMAZING! We also had some frozen veggies (we cooked them first) and a fresh roll from the bakery. Probably the best dinner eaten in our apartment thus far. We are now HUGE fans of the pre-made food section at the grocery store. Thank you Albert Heijn. The biggest news about this whole dinner though is something a mother, and some fathers, can appreciate. So listen up all mothers. I de-boned the chicken. I don't know if thats how you call it, but after we ate, I went over the entire chicken a got off all of the meat. I even found the wishbone! I have never done this before so I consider this a big feat. Kelly and I will pull the wishbone when it dries :) I thought about boiling the bones and what was left to make a broth (I'm impressed with my cooking intentions) but then I had no idea what I was going to do with broth and I didn't want to make a stew. So the bones and juices and stuff went in the trash. The end of our fabulous dinner!

Another exciting thing happened yesterday as well. Jessica, a lady we work with, took us to a dutch snack shop for lunch. Granted this was not the healthiest meal I've ever eaten, it was tasty!! We ordered a burger with some sort of dressing on it and it came with fries (like everything here). The real highlight, though, is the food that came out of the wall! There were little windows where you put in your money and you can buy kroketten, bitterballen, and other things of the dutch fried food genre. It was so cool! I think we should open one in Houston...it would do great!
Kelly and I with Febo fries.

This is Jessica with the larger than life french fries

This is the magic wall of food! Eeach little window has something in it, you pay a Euro and a change then you open the window of the food you want. Amazing!


Due to this internet malfunction, Kelly and I will run into town for a bit and get some things we need. It will be the first time we have been in town while the sun is shining. It will be fun! Hopefully we'll be able to get some good day time pictures of the town as well as enjoy the open shops (since by the time we go, they are always closed). I'm sure that adventure will be the topic of the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment