Jan 8, 2010

Travelling to Europe...

My first blog ever....my first blog post ever....here it goes!

I wanted to be able to share with everyone about my life and what I am up to....especially now that I am living in the Netherlands. It makes things a bit more interesting. I will catch you up on my last 2 weeks, when the saga began.

After packing up my life in Houston and moving home for 4 days, unpacking my truck, and repacking my suitcases, I headed off to catch my first flight out of Lubbock. There were a few minor weight issues (3lbs each bag), I got all checked in, said my last good byes and headed off. After arriving in Houston from Lubbock, I had a wonderful 4 hour lay over that was enjoyed with beer and reading. Our flight leaving Houston was 30 min. late arriving (thank you Christmas attempted bomber and extra security) so we left late as well. Since we got a late start in Houston, and the pilot apparently didn't call ahead to have the busses waiting to unload us, we had to wait on them. It takes a few busses to unload a 747. Due to all of the delays, I missed my flight to Amsterdam. I got to spend an extra 3 hours in London so it was a good thing I was so exhausted to realize all of the great shopping opportunities that surrounded me. I was also too pre-occupied with trying to re-arrange my flights from Amsterdam to Nurnberg, Germany to really enjoy my time there. Apparently, German airlines cannot help you change flights until you have already missed it. Lucky me. So I finally arrived in Amsterdam, changed my flight to Nurnberg (caught the last one) check my luggage into their storage area there (amazing!) and went to wait 4 hours for my next flight. It turned out to be delayed for an hour as well so I had 5 hours in the airport trying to sleep and read. I felt like a homeless person in the corner!

I finally arrived in Nurnberg 6 hours late. Its a good thing Doris is still young so she could come get me. Her mother waited up for me and served me my first German meal in several years. Schnitzel. My favorite. That was a great meal to finish my odessy to Germany. I am glad to finally be back in my second home!

No comments:

Post a Comment