Jan 27, 2010

The Travel Bug Has Gotten An Itch

Kelly and I have officially begun our tour of Europe. We have a hotel reserved in Antwerp for Saturday night and will hopefully see some surrounding cities as well. Every Dutch person we mention this too always gives us a disgusted look. Apparently, they aren’t big Antwerp fans. It’s only 2 hours away so we figured we better go see it! We also heard Ghent was a nice city as well. Hopefully, you will have pleasant report to read this weekend.

We have also booked a hotel for our trip to Paris next weekend. It is only a 4-5 hour drive (depending on who you talk to) so we figured we better not waste any time! Kelly loves Paris and the only time I’ve been there was a very rushed experience, so it will be nice to spend a bit more time there, especially with someone who is a bit more “seasoned” on the ways of Paris. We will have a good time I’m sure. The weekend after that is Brussels then Kelly’s boyfriend will be arriving for his visit. I’m excited to meet him and Kelly is just plain excited. She just booked their tickets to go spend a few days in Munich and visit some castles, drink beer, and see Salzburg Austria as well. I know they will have a fabulous time. I am happy for them.

I, on the other hand, have dreamt up more ideas. Kelly and I have limited holidays so we have to be careful how we spend them. I found a good, inexpensive trip to Iceland to try and possibly see the northern lights. I have always wanted to go to Iceland…and see the Northern Lights. If I could get them both in one trip, and do it in a long weekend, I would be very proud of myself. Now, all I have to do is to find someone to go with me this week because for the special, I have to have it booked by the 31st. We’ll see how this goes. Anybody interested???

There is a group of young guys that work here so they try and teach me Dutch. I always have reservations about trying to remember something that they all start snickering at once one of them says it. I’ve learned these little signs and try to stick with it no matter how much they tell me that it isn’t a bad phrase. I know how guys work…it is pretty universal too.

So, to start off the day with practice: tot ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment