Jan 10, 2010

Our Apartment

Our dining room and balcony.

Living room, smaller TV, and a very comfortable couch.


This is the frozen pond behind our house.




My room, as usual, with clothes on the bed.



Behind our apartment, frozen pond included.




Our washer and dryer. I wish I could figure out how to work them.....



Our bathroom.



Dining room and kitchen. Perfect for us.

The cars outside of work on our first day. We got lucky enough to experience the worst snow in 10+ years. Woo Hoo.



Our fashionable car. I am slowly learning how to drive in Holland on snow and ice. Lucky me.




Outside our office building. Ger is coming to scrape the snow off our car.
Our apartment is perfect for us and plenty big. There is a ton of available floor space for air mattress for anyone who wants to come visit!!!! Luckily there is a ton of TV in English so it makes it feel a bit more like home. That is always helpful!
Friday after work We had our beer and chips. They were very tasty and it was nice to be able to talk to everyone in a less formal setting. The beer, we had Amstel Pilsner, was very tasty. I am a big fan of the tradition, I am thinking America needs to adopt it! Hopefully we will be able to learn more and more dutch so the conversation is a little less strained. Although everyone knows English quite well, they are still hesitant to speak openly with us. I'm sure it will come in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment