Jan 18, 2010

Eww

Today's post is for Karla, my natural born Dutch friend.

As Kelly and I left for work this morning it was grey, foggy, and misty. It was gross. Granted, it was 5C outside, which is warmer than it has been since we've gotten here, it was still gross. I miss the sun! I can deal with cold, but this grey, dreary weather is the pits. I know exactly what Karla is thinking...BUT IT'S GREEN! I realize that the fields are green and it is nice to see a bit of color...but it still doesn't trump the sun. It was also the exact same grey color on our drive home, only more mist. Still yucky. Monday's are bad enough as is, the weather didn't help much.

On the brighter side, we have become semi-successful Europeans. We walk to the grocery shop at least once a week for food. It's nice to have fresh food, and our fridge is too small for us to stock up. We also went to the Doener place around the corner. I have been craving one for the last 2 years. It was great! As an exchange student, I used to get one every Wed. on my way home from school. They are a great, cheap meal. It made my Monday. That was the high light of the day. I hope tomorrow's weather is better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha and I was so happy this morning when it was cloudy and there was a slight chance of rain.. I would have traded that weather with our always everyday sunshine in a heart beat.. only for a few days though.. (and the green ofcourse!) haha I know after a while you crave sunlight.. i'll try to send you some from here =D

Post a Comment