Feb 5, 2010

Where's the Love?

Today is an exciting day. It is the day that Kelly and I head to Paris!!! As you American based people are reading this, Kelly and I will most likely be there, looking at the Eiffel tower. I’m sorry to rub it in, but we are SOOO excited. We are both packed and ready to go!

On another bright note, I finished my boring book. I hope the movie is better because I have no idea why anyone chose to make a movie about this book. Maybe it’s because the book reads like one of the really boring movies I don’t like. Maybe that’s why I don’t like the book. Maybe I’ll just save myself the 2 hours and the money and never see the movie. I am that bitter about this book.

On a less bright note, I found out my mother doesn’t read my blog religiously. I know she has a busy life and is constantly on the go, but I spoke with her last night and she said she hasn’t checked it in over a week. No wonder she had no idea what I was up to. Granted, she does get more “up to date” info via BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and I try to send her pictures, but I don’t give her that much info. I figured that my mother, the reason I started this blog so she could have all the details of my life that she craved, would read my blog religiously. I was dreaming - a sad day to the daughter’s ego. We shall see how long it takes before I get a BBM mad at me for making this post. It’s a challenge Mom!

Kelly and I have this amazing little pizza place down the street from our apartment. I have mentioned it before, New York Pizza. It was our first dinner in Holland. Comfort food. It’s also right on the way home, cheap, and fast. I was a bit grumpy last night by the time we left work so we stopped and got a pizza and a bottle of wine for dinner. The wine was slightly disappointing; more of a college day’s cheap wine than anything else, but the pizza was, as always, great. I love spicy foods. I even brought my habanero sauce with me from Mexico to make sure that I had spice in my life. This pizza, my favorite I’ve decided, has spicy chicken and jalapenos on it. I also enjoy jalapenos just a bit more than I used to because I have now been to the capital of the jalapeno pepper, Xalapa or Jalapa, Mexico. Since pizza is also a great leftover food, I brought it for lunch today. Yummy pizza! For all of you that haven’t caught on, I’m definitely NOT starving over here. Don’t worry.

I can’t wait for my next (several) post(s) because it will be about our trip to Paris. I hope to take lots of pictures and will do my best to put as many up here as possible! I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

June said...

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT PARIS,
AUNTIE JUNE

Post a Comment