Feb 17, 2010

It's Light Outside!

Finally! There was a beautiful sunrise this morning. The sky was pink and blue with clouds in between. I wanted to take a picture of it but I was driving and my camera was in the “trunk”. Granted, it was probably not much better than your normal New Mexico sunrise, but considering we haven’t seen one in a few weeks because the sky has been so grey with clouds, it was beautiful to finally see sunlight.

I realized yesterday that I never posted about my dinner on Saturday night. I don’t have pictures to commemorate it, but it was great. We went to another new restaurant that was recommended to us. I had made reservations the day before by simply emailing them (I really like technology some days) and I am glad I did. The place was full when we arrived and only got fuller! We opted for the 4 course meal. Apparently, it is quite popular here. There are always advertisements for 4 courses for 25 Euros so we thought we would give one a try. We had read the menu while sitting there though and found a few things that we really wanted to try. Lucky for us, they ended up coming as part of our meal. They were so tasty too! It was prawns/shrimp rolled in a tortilla and fried with amazing sweet chili sauce. The food here is just different enough to never really know what you’re getting without being fearful of wondering what will show up on your plate. It’s always an adventure!

Saturday Stu (Kelly’s boyfriend) comes and I’m sure we will have a decently easy day giving him some time to rest. On Sunday we want to head to Amsterdam and at the train station Kelly and I need to buy some train tickets. The high speed train website won’t take credit cards that have a billing address outside Europe. I’m trying to figure out how to go visit Uwe and Andrea (my German host parents) in a few weeks and I think by train will be just as easy (and about 100 Euros cheaper) than flying. I just have to get my tickets plenty in advance for them to be economical. I also have some friends who will be in Frankfurt for a day next Saturday and I’m trying to figure out how to meet them. It is a 4 hr drive, but I have to be home to get Kelly Saturday night from the airport, or at least have the car at the apartment for her so that she can take Stu to the airport on Sunday. I don’t know what to do, but I’m sure after a phone call to my mother, I’ll have a better idea. Be prepared Mom.

Kelly’s Mom sent a care package and we received it yesterday. It had taco and chili seasoning in it as well as some of her grandma’s homemade pecan pralines. They are AMAZING! Just like little balls of sugar, butter, and nuts. It can’t get much better, or unhealthier, but they are sweet little treats. The office also loved them, asking if we could hire her grandma to send more. The package also had ranch dressing in it! Well, the little packs for us to make our own, but still. We are excited, a little taste of home.

Tonight is Sushi for dinner. We found a cute place on the square and want to try it out. If you don’t hear from me tomorrow, I got food poisoning and will be contemplating my death. Otherwise, expect a full report! I better get off to harass the guys and get my Dutch lesson in for the day. I’m not as far with my Dutch skills as I’d like to be so I better pick it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment