Feb 19, 2010

Ugh

Today is finally Friday. That is a big relief. However, it’s raining (which might be better than snowing) and it's a nasty grey color everywhere outside. It does not excite happy feelings, or a sense of productiveness. If we had a fire place, chances are I would have given up on today and watched the Olympics from there. The upside though, we get beer today!

The other upside is the Heineken factory in Amsterdam. Kelly is planning what to do with Stu on Sunday in Amsterdam and we have purchased and printed out our tickets for the Heineken experience. It sounds really neat where one can experience being bottled. We're not sure what that means exactly, but we're excited none the less. I cleared out my camera card today and am getting ready to take lots of pictures.

Our resident rock star (a guy who works here is also in a band) is playing Tomorrow night in Beverwijk. We're not sure if we will go or not, but we figured it would make us look less groupie like if we had a guy with us (Stu). We will see how this plays out. He might be so tired he just wants to sleep! I also just made reservations for us at the amazing rib place for Saturday night. I'm sure he will love it, and I know I will too!

I would also like to give a public thanks to my uncle for the alpaca sweater. It has come in very hand here in the frozen country. Very simple but warm and soft. I have to figure out how to minimize the shedding though. I guess that's another battle for another time. I never thought I would have gotten this much usage out of such an article of clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment