Feb 25, 2010

Patience

Today is ticking by, slowly. I've been asked to create a presentation for one of the guys at work. Powerpoint demands patience. Perfection demands patience. Patience isn't one of my strongest qualities. I like to do things to the highest level of my ability and make them as perfect as possible, but it goes against my lack of patience. It seems to be a continuous battle for myself. I don't like I like to do things the easy way.

I just recieved an email from a friend about something to do, if I get bored over here. The link is attached HERE. I can't believe people actually do this sort of stuff for fun! Women too. Who would subject themselves to the possiblity of such torture for 8lbs of cheese? Apparently, the English would.

I am lonely since Kelly is gone. I hope her and Stu are having a good time! I'm sure they are. I think today is when they visit Neuschwanstein Castle (the one Cinderella's castle was molded after). Yesterday, I believe they went to the Hofbrauhaus. I'm sure they had a great time. No word though so I'm taking that to mean they are too busy to worry about little ol' me slaving away. Hehe. Maybe I'll get a sympthay vote.

I try to find raw almonds to keep on my desk for a healthy snack. So far, I have 2 tubs of cooked/smoked almonds and a deal of pistashios. No luck with the raw nuts. One of the guys' mom works at a place where they sell nuts and he brought me some once. I was trying to be independent and not ask, but I think I might cave. I miss those raw almonds. And to think, not so long ago I detested the nut. How our tastes change!

My parents and aunt and uncle are headed of for a very exciting trip half way around the world to Africa. My mom is a bit nervous about surviving it and she informed me she updated the will and is leaving everything to the dogs. She is so kind. I assured her people travel to and from there all of the time with no major mishaps. I hope they have fun though, I'm very jealous I can't stow away in one of their bags for the ride.

I'm already thinking about dinner and I believe we are out of left overs and there are only 2 pieces of bread left, which need to be for my lunch tomorrow. I think I might have to go to the grocery store alone. I've only done it twice and I leave a nervous wreck each time with my groceries bagged completly wrong and smushed bread. Least I have a cute pink canvas groceries bag to help do my part and not waste plastic bags! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment