Feb 4, 2010

MMM Tasty!!!

I was going to blog about my book today since I didn't have anything better to talk about, then Kelly and I went out for dinner. Trust me; it was WAY better than my book!

Around the corner from our apartment, literally across the closest street, there is a restaurant called Gonzales' Barbeque. Now what is a Gonzales doing making barbeque? Kelly and I were definitely skeptics but we wanted to go out to eat and we wanted to eat somewhere close. We walked up to the menu outside (almost all restaurants put them out for you to read before entering, it is very handy!), read it over, and it looked pretty basic, but tasty. They had schnitzel, which is my favorite, so I wanted to get that.

Well, we walk through a glass door that has is etched with a geisha and a fan on it so now we thinking “A Gonzales family barbeque joint that has a geisha on the door, Hum.” It was looking a bit more sketchy. After we walk in they ask us if we want barbeque and we ponder “What else is there?” We say “Yes” and they seat us at a little table that has a little fire pit for a real life barbeque. They explain how it works. There is a bowl for soup (it was tomato), then a smaller plate to get the raw meat from the salad bar, then the larger plate for the salad and cooked meat. The picture below is of table with the pit (and all of our eaten off dishes, we can never think to take pictures first), and then of our bbq skewers with our dinner. So tasty!




We finished off dinner by splitting a chocolate muffin. They were great!! It couldn’t have been a better dinner. It was also very reasonably priced, which helps. So all visitors, be expected to be sent there! You can thank us later.


Ok, for the book review. I am reading Up in the Air. I sure hope the movie is better than the book. Maybe it will be because George Clooney is in it. I have 30 pages left and I cheated and read the last page and I’m not excited. I am going to finish it just out of principle. I hate it when I get excited for a book and it lets me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment