Feb 22, 2010

What a Weekend!

I’m not sure really where to start, but as you are aware, I will drag this weekend out into several posts. It keeps my excited throughout the week.

For Friday dinner, Kelly had made chili the previous night with some chili seasoning her mom sent. It was quite tasty for chili made in Holland! I was very impressed and had a great dinner. She also made some guacamole to go with it. We had tortilla chips and decided nachos would be a great dinner. It was a lot of fun to sit and eat our nachos watching the Olympics. I’m sure the store doesn’t know what is going on with their inventory because I’m sure they don’t sell as much Mexican food ingredients normally. We take a small delight in messing up their inventory forecasts and buying them out of salsa (a very mild version of Pace Picante).

Bright and early Saturday morning Kelly and I head to the airport for the 2nd time since our time here. We went to pick up her lovely boyfriend, Stu. We also learned a very important lesson; there are 4 main areas of Schipol. Areas 1 and 2 are not by 3 and 4. After only a minor incident and Stu having to wait 10 minutes for Kelly (I waited in the car so it wouldn’t get towed), they came walking out. It was great to finally meet him. I’ve obviously heard so much about him, and have mentioned him once or twice in my blog. He is a really nice guy and pretty laid back. He also brought with him some sun shine. Saturday was the first sunny day we have had in a while. It was also decently warm! Stu thought it was normal, his judgment would later be changed. We took him home where we had some birthday cake Kelly made for him. His birthday was last week and Kelly was sad she didn’t get to celebrate with him and his family so she made him her own cake, a sopapilla cheesecake. She baked it Friday night and I really wanted to eat it then, but she made me wait so it could chill. It was delicious!!!! The bottom crust is croissants then the cheese cake goes in the middle, with more croissants on top sprinkled with cinnamon and butter. It was amazing! Kelly didn’t think it baked right, but I enjoyed it immensely none the less. Happy belated birthday Stu!

The rest of Saturday was pretty lazy. I watched re-runs of the Olympics and ready my book. I ended up getting completely absorbed in it and couldn’t put it down. I finished it by the end of the night. Kelly and Stu kept to themselves as Kelly came into the kitchen once a bit teary-eyed she was so happy he is here. They got ready and head out into the city for an afternoon walk around town. I was still reading my book and wanted to take a nap so I figured they could enjoy the alone time. Kelly later BBM’d (BlackBerry Messaged) me and told me to come meet them for a drink at the wine bar for a celebratory glass of wine. I figured we already celebrate Stu’s arrival with sopapilla cheesecake (and I was still in my PJs reading my book) so I told her to have a glass for me and I’ll be ready for dinner at 7 (we had reservations for Wilma & Albert’s, the great rib place). If only I had known……

No comments:

Post a Comment