Apr 15, 2010

Travel, Travel, Travel

I think my life was more exciting when Kelly was here. I feel like I have fewer and less interesting things to blog about. If that’s true, my apologies.

This morning I brought an orange as part of my breakfast. Our grocery store is small, bigger than an Allsups but far smaller than a Wal-Mart. Like ¼ of Wal-Mart and strictly groceries and daily household items such as cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, and kitchen items such as dish washing gloves (which I need a new pair of an have forgotten the last 2 trips there). But besides its size, it does have a rather large selection. It often times has both the choice of organic or regular for a lot of products such as eggs, milk, and lunch meat. It also has about 3 types of oranges to choose from: the little ones that peel super easy, the medium size ones that are still easy to peel, and the normal size ones that aren’t easy to peel. I didn’t know this until I decided to splurge on the big ones on this last trip. Get crazy, try something new. I do not like high maintenance food. I get easily frustrated if my food offers to big of a challenge to eat it, which is also why I do not like sea creatures with heads and legs still attached. My orange this morning was very high maintenance. It squirted everywhere and got my hands all sticky. It put me in a negative mood. I now have a whole bag to eat of them and every time I’m going to get mad. Maybe I’ll Google to see if there is a trick to making an orange easier to peel……

Other interesting things, airspace around the UK has been shut down and all flights cancelled due to Iceland’s volcano eruption. I would love to see Iceland. Maybe one of these days. Also in my research of travel information for my excursion to Copenhagen and Stockholm in May there are relatively easy flights from Amsterdam to Tromsø, Norway. It is supposedly one of the best places to witness the Northern Lights during the winter because for practically 3 months they have 0 sunlight, as in the sun never comes over the horizon. I don’t know how people live like that but being inside the Arctic Circle comes with its advantages and disadvantages. In the summer, the sun never goes beneath the horizon. They have mountains that change some of the sun viewing, but still…that’s a lot of extreme sunlight conditions. If I ever get the chance, count me in for planning a trip there to see the Northern lights. Maybe I can get a few other curious souls to meet me there for the experience. That is just my early warning.

Tabatha, Karla, and Boyd are going to be here in a little over a month. I can’t wait to see them! I’ve got to get my plans booked and lined up to meet them in London. I plan on going a few days early and making a small tour through England and seeing some different sights. I need to consult my book, 1000 Places to See Before You Die, on the top locations I should be visiting. All of these trips take a lot of time and patience to figure out and price compare and research. It is definitely not my favorite part of travelling. Kelly was also much better at figuring these things out so I let her do it. I miss her helping to take care of me (among many other qualities and traits). I guess I don't have much of a choice but to be a big girl now. I guess I better start working on it....again......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aaaah I'm so excited!! now we can actually start counting down! Love it.. and planning I guess I'm on your side on that one, not a big fan but it has to be done to a certain extend.. lets just hope we will be able to land in London ;) see you soooooon!

Post a Comment