Apr 14, 2010

Ouch!

This morning I burned myself…..twice. The first was with the hair straightner/flat iron on my forearm. It is not a bad burn, just a little blister. But the other one! Now, it is more serious. I happened with my egg steam my mom got me when she was here. I was taking the lid off and instead of tipping the lid over; I grabbed one handle and brought it over the steamer to the other side. Of course, when my hand was over the steamer, all the steam came rushing up and burned the top sides of my pointer and middle fingers. Now this one hurts! It hurts when I move my fingers, or look at them, but not when I blow on them. Now, that isn’t real constructive to sit at work and blow on my fingers, but I think it will happen from time to time today as well as hold them against my cold water bottle.

This weekend I will head direction of Bremen, Germany to visit Nina for a few days. Nina was the exchange student of my aunt and her family, so she is my exchange cousin and only lives 3.5 hours away. We have to take advantage of the short distance and I have never really been to that part of Germany. So far the weather is cooperating but I’m sure it will rain on the weekend just to spoil our fun. The country seems to me against me in that way.

Work is going well. I got myself involved with a project that I can work the wonders of Excel that Kelly taught me. It is fun feeling like the smart one, even when a few months ago this VLOOKUP function was a complete mystery to me. Hopefully, I will now be able to pass on the knowledge as well to make everyone’s life a bit easier. Technology does have its advantages, if you know how to use it!

Since I am not happy this morning, and slightly crippled, I wanted to put up pictures of Keukenhof from my visit there with Mom. I don’t think I blogged about our afternoon there, but it was very enjoyable with tons of great flowers. I was there again last week with a man and his wife from work. They’re Americans but living and working in Scotland. I knew the wife would love the flowers, but he ended up enjoying them as well. It is just such a neat area! I have more pictures from there but I don’t have my camera to upload them. The tulip fields are slowly starting to bloom so we took a little canal tour so we could get a better look. Upon returning, our boat had a stall out when the driver tried to put it in reverse so we were stuck, in the middle of a small canal, about 20 feet from the load/unload dock. Those boats always seem to give people trouble, it doesn’t matter what country your boat is in, and they all seem to have their own personalities. Luckily, though, we had a handsome young Dutchman as the driver so he got us fixed up with only minor delays and successfully back to the dock.

So, enjoy the pictures, be happy like the flowers and I’ll try not to bore you with more flower pictures for awhile.














No comments:

Post a Comment