Apr 27, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I wanted to go to Amsterdam and visit the Rijksmuseum in the morning then head to Delft in the afternoon for a bbq but I never made it to Amsterdam. I was awake but it just seemed like so much effort and the weather wasn’t awesome and visiting a museum alone is a hard thing to get motivated for so I stayed in. I am slightly disappointed with myself, but we are all human and have our lapses.

On the train to Delft we drove by field after field of blooming tulips. They were so pretty!! I need to get out there and take some pictures. I don’t want to miss them but nobody here is too excited about them and I can’t distinguish it between their general lack of attention to tulips or the fact that they aren’t that good yet and will get better. I’m afraid I will miss something if I wait too long! I also have to get back to Keukenhof and see their blooming St. Basil’s Cathedral. I have seen it so much sans flowers I deserve to see it with flowers! I need to make sure I get my usage of my season pass I invested in. Only a few more weeks before the park closes on May 18. I also read you can rent bikes and tour around the surrounding area which sounds like a great idea except it is a tourist hot spot on the weekends and I’m not a fan of crowds, nor have any free weekends left.

Thursday starts the Queen’s night party which then transfers (I’m guessing seamlessly) into Queen’s day parties. I’m not sure if I will venture out on Thursday (to Amsterdam) alone. Maybe I’ll check out the situation locally around Haarlem. I’m sure they have something good going on as well. It seems most of the country does something. Friday, though, I have volunteered some people from work to meet up with me so I don’t have to hang out alone in the crowds. I was looking at the web page that lists all of the major “Pleins” or squares where things are happening and I can’t wait. One of the major one has live music for 10 straight hours with The Baseballs in the evening. I finally got a copy of their CD but they have primarily remade other songs but into a rockabilly format so it’s fun to have that spin on the #1 hits. It will be a busy day and a half with tons of walking and hopefully good weather.

On Saturday I am trying to get Ben, Mark’s brother, to come visit so we can go to the Beverwijk black market. He loves to go and I’m not a fan of attempting things by myself so I figured if I could enlist an “old pro” I might as well try. I might also kidnap him and drag him along with tulip field visits. I’m sure he would LOVE that. Don’t give him a heads up Gina! It’ll ruin the look of pain and torture on his face if I get the chance to capture him.

No comments:

Post a Comment