Jun 29, 2010

My Last Day

Today was my last day in the Beverwijk office. The upside was that I won a7 Euros in a bet on what the score of the Netherlands – Slovakia game would be, so that little stack of coins met. Other than that, it was so sad!! I can’t believe 6 months have flown by so quickly. I am not ready to leave. It will be wonderful seeing my friends and family, but I am really going to miss the beautiful landscapes and water. I won’t miss fearing my life from bicycle riders. I cleaned out my cabinets and belongings last night and took anything with value to the office to give to whoever wanted it. It was a mini yard sale. I also borrowed the scale so that I could weigh my bags and make sure I’m not overweight. Nothing is worse than dealing with that at the airport while everyone is staring at you and you’re holding up the line! I will hopefully have all my bags mostly 100% finished by this evening so tomorrow I can enjoy seeing the last 2 sites that are on my to-do list in Haarlem. I need to go to the Corrie Ten Boom house and the Frans Hals museum. It will be a wonderful last day out on the town. At 6pm tomorrow I have my final walk through with the apartment owns and real estate agent then bright and early at 7:30 Thursday morning my ride will be here to shuttle me to the airport. I will not cry……

No comments:

Post a Comment