Jun 4, 2010

London Part 1

I spent Sunday running around London with Lauren. We had to find me a hotel because I didn’t plan ahead on that on that one but we found a Comfort Inn by Kings Cross Station so I ditched my luggage there and we made our way. We went and visited Covent Gardens and grabbed a bite to eat. I worked with Lauren in Houston and hadn’t seen her in 5 months so it was great to catch up with her. We wondered around the city and saw many famous sites and did a ton of walking. When we were sitting down for a “pint” at an outdoor beer garden area we decided we were elegant enough to try and have dinner at the Ivy but we called and couldn’t get reservations. It was a sad moment. We did find, however, in my tour book a recommended Tex-Mex restaurant that was nearby so we decided that is what we needed with a margarita. Their salsa was actually spicy and their food pretty good. Not bad for being so far away from Mexico! After that it was getting late so we headed back to Kings Cross station and Lauren caught her train home and I retreated to my room which was in the back corner of the hotel…through 4 doors, down a few short steps and around a corner. It was interesting. The bed was comfortable and they had breakfast included so there isn’t much more one needs. On Monday I finally met up with Karla, Tabatha, and Boyd and that resulted in tons of fun!


Leicester Square in front of the British National Museum

Lauren and I with the British Cavalry gaurd

Downing Street. Hello Mr. Prime Minister

Big Ben and Parliment

No comments:

Post a Comment