May 3, 2010

Småland

Today was a rough day. Nothing major happened, it was just long. The fact that it’s been raining the past 2 days probably doesn’t help much either. I guess that’s why everything is green and pretty, but I still don’t like the grey drizzle. I went to yoga again tonight. It was pretty intense. I really enjoy it though. It is fun going to an actual studio because she has all these “contraptions” that help. Like a little stand that mostly balances you to do a head stand. That was fun; I hadn’t done one in years!

I walked into the warehouse the other day and there is a page from a magazine torn out and put up on the magnet board. I didn’t notice it until my boss brought it up. He kept saying “Amalia wil graag worden opgehaald uit Småland.” Now, I have no idea what that means, and my one possible Swedish reader would understand “Småland.” That doesn’t leave much hope for the rest of us. Well, after a confusion round of “Whats” and repeats, I figured out “Småland” is basically IKEA’s day care area and Amalia wants picked up from there. I had to admit, after I figured out what it meant, it is kind of funny. So now, every time I’m in the warehouse they ask me how I’m liking Småland and if I’m sure I want to leave. They do spell the name differently, but it seems to be that most languages pronounce my name that way. I’ve gotten used to it.

I apologize this is a short one, but it is late and the morning will come too fast. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment