Aug 29, 2010

The Weekend!

I am so happy it is Saturday. Although, it doesn't feel much like a weekend, I'm still happy it is here. Today I went to the gym, then to work for a few hours then to the grocery store. I've been told about this grocery store, Brookshire's, but I've never been. There is another location closer to the house which is nicknamed "Crackshire's" because it apparently caters to the less fortunate crowd. Now I've been to this location, and its like any other grocery store. But the Brookshire's on Line Ave.....its like a food mecca! It reminds me a lot of a Whole Foods. There are all sorts of fresh prepared food, veggies, salads, cheeses, everything. I went on overload upon walking in and ended up buying chicken stuffed with a jalapeno stuffed with cheese, green beans with garlic and dill, and a turtle cheese cake for dinner. Oh, appetizers were tomato with fresh mozzarella and fresh basil from the basil plant I bought. I had a blast grocery shopping! I also found the great jalapeno relish that I eat all of Kathy's supply of. I bought 3 bottles, I hope that will hold us for awhile.

Tomorrow I'm going to church. There are a ton of Methodist churches around and some of the people I have met were talking about going. I asked if I could tag along and I'm getting picked up around 10:45 tomorrow morning for the 11 am contemporary service. I didn't know Methodist did contemporary so I am excited to check it out. The church also looks AMAZING. Not quite the European ancient gothic style, but the southern massive style with giant pillars, red brick, and big steps. I'll keep you posted how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment