Sep 19, 2010

Time to Catch Up!

These past few weeks have been pretty busy. I need to catch up so I will try to make things short and sweet. First off, I finally have a tan. After 3 days at the lake over Labor Day weekend, I am not longer blinding white. I even managed to not seriously burn, which was pretty surprising for the lack of sun I had been exposed to over the last half year. The lake was so wonderful and relaxing. It was great to be able to hang out with all of my friends that came up and spend time practicing my water skiing. One big weekend and the season is over. Oh well, I'm excited for snow skiing next!

The most exciting part about Labor Day was Evi. She is my best friend from my exchange year and she was able to come spend 2 weeks with me. We both flew home for the lake, then flew back on Monday. She had to keep herself preoccupied for a few days while I worked (which she did just fine by sleeping, reading, shopping, and tanning) but then we headed to New Orleans for a weekend. We didn't get there till late Friday night, but we had a blast. Our hotel was in a terrific location, not even a block away from Bourbon Street. We hung out on the street, did a city tour, toured an Estate (we didn't have time for a plantation), and took a steam paddle boat up the Mississippi. I was so happy to get to experience such a fun city with Evi. She said Bourbon St. was a bit much for her, but other than that she loved it. On the way home we also managed to stop at a wonderful outlet mall. We were short on time, but we both managed to find some good deals and great clothes. She had to leave the next day (Monday) but it was a great 2 weeks and I can't wait to see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment