Aug 26, 2010

Car Trouble?

Something that I've noticed around here....there are broken down cars EVERYWHERE. I literally mean EVERYWHERE. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see some poor, lone car parked on the side of the road, on the off ramp, on a median between 3 roads, in the grass on the side of the road, somewhere. At first I just wrote it off, oh that car has trouble, no big deal. Then it came to my attention, they are everywhere! Either Shreveport has horrible mechanics, the upkeep habits of this city are below standard, or all the lemons are shipped here, but this seems to be an epidemic. I just hope I won't become one of those people.

Work is about to be shaken up again. One of our key guys, who is full of knowledge, is leaving. The worst part of him leaving is the experience he is taking with him. The rest of us will be picking up the slack and working on team work. Things go easier when we all help each other and this location is still working on that concept. Things are really going great though and I love being here and watching all of these transitions take place. It is a great learning opportunity and I am so thankful to be part of it.

Less than a week until one of my best friends from Germany arrives. Evi is flying in on Monday and I am so excited to see her. It was a bit of a last minute, impromptu trip but the timing couldn't be better. We are headed home for Labor Day to work on our tan at the lake, then back here for a few days so I can work, then we are on for a weekend in New Orleans. We are going to have a blast and you will probably hear about it in the next few weeks. Be excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment