Aug 19, 2010

Call Me Betty....

Betty Crocker that is. Now, I'm not the chef, nor do I have a vast knowledge of cooking, but I won't burn the house down. I haven't actively cooked a meal in probably 8 months. I've warmed things up, but actually cooking, yeah thats another story. Due to my new work out schedule and yearn to get into shape, i've been trying to watch what I eat a lot more. Now, that doesn't mean that McDonald's doesn't happen to get into my belly at lunch time, but I try to keep it at a minimum. Today, I resisted the donuts. So by little steps, maybe progress will be made.

Tonight, I cooked myself a chicken breast as well as some frozen green beans. I also cooked another chicken breast and got it ready for my lunch tomorrow. I left the other two in the baggie marinating in Ms. Dash's new no sodium marinade. So far, I really like the stuff. I also made chili and put it in the crock pot for Frito Pie tomorrow. Kathy and Ky (the ladies who own the house I live in) have been so nice to me and always give me some of their food, I thought it only fair that I return the favor. Now, I'm sure my trainer wouldn't 100% approve of the chili, but I figured if I can stay away from the fritos I might be ok.

Another issue I had today, reusable grocery bags. Now, I'm barely getting over the habit of not bagging my own groceries (I was helping the Target lady the other day and she didn't approve so she dumped out my bag and re-did it) but I still like to use the reusable earth friendly bags. What makes me mad, is that I pay $3 for this bag and the only benefit I get from it is knowing I'm doing good. In Europe, you had to pay for every shopping bag you used, so you were being punished for not thinking ahead or re-using. In America, you're basically being punished for using a eco-friendly bagging method. Where is my rebate on the money I'm saving the grocery store by bringing my own bags?? I think America has missed part of the lesson on this whole reusable/recycle concept.

Alright, enough for today. I have been getting up at 4:30 so that I can go to the gym before work and get my cardio in. It seems there just isn't enough hours in the day. I am always exhausted by about 8 so when 9:30 rolls around, I'm a grump. I hope everyone's week is going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment