Mar 15, 2010

My Dream Worlds Have Collided

This weekend was a very enjoyable one. Kelly took the girls to the airport early Saturday morning, I slept in. Then we just relaxed around the house in our pj’s all day. It was a day that we needed after a busy week and in preparation for an early Sunday of sightseeing. Kelly Googled about Utrecht, or destination and found a castle, De Haar. We had to go visit it!! It is a real life castle!! I love fairytales. And this is where my two fantasies collided.

We actually saw this truck on our way out. But for stories sake, that detail isn’t important. Let my fairytale life begin:

I admit, I find a young guy driving a big truck a very attractive combination. A big truck, in my eyes, can make just about any guy attractive. Unless he is short, then he just looks silly. But either way, I like big trucks. It is completely shallow of me, and I recognize this. There are more important things in life, but I still can’t help but notice the big pretty trucks. This is where my life fantasies collide. Meet dream man’s vehicle:

His truck was parked outside of his (and my future) house/castle. I figured I better go in and find him so welcome to my future residence:

Don't worry, I'll be having plenty of large parties and there are a ton of guests’ rooms. I don't own it yet, so I couldn't take pictures inside but my dream room is there. It is pink. It’s meant to be. When you arrive after receiving a gorgeous invitation in the mail, or an extremely excited phone call from me, you will keep an eye out for the entrance gate. The parking is on your right. I’m sorry you can’t park closer, we don’t want the cars bothering the horses.
Please, mind the moat and don't fall in on your way across the draw bridge. If a child falls in, I'm sorry. I can't make any promises. I don't yet have alligators installed, but once it warms up, it'll be a given.

Welcome to my humble abode. I would like to thank you for taking the time to come visit me! If you woul like to stop by and see the horses on your way to the main house, they are on the left as you come over the bridge. There will be plenty of time for rides later, but if you can't resist (Karla) they are there for a pet. They love the carrots. You can find them in a bucket outside of their stalls.
Please enjoy your stroll up to the main house (on the right). One of my staff members should meet you at the gate to help you with your luggage. After you check in with one of my staff members, your room might be in the Chalet (on the left). We will notify you of any events that you need to know about. Until then, enjoy your visit!!!

My landscape teams work very hard. If you must wonder across the grass to look at my blooming rose bushes in the rose garden, please tread lightly. Otherwise, they would appreciate it if you would stay on the paths.

As you make your way around there is lots of water. In the summer months I'm sure I'll have a mosquito problem, but since the world is still frozen (as far as I’m concerned) it is not yet a worry. If you get thirsty on the way, there is a little snack bar area for you to grab a drink and enjoy the scenery. Just don’t drink too much, there is plenty of time for that later.



If I don't have anything going on, I will try to meet you at the main gate. If not, please proceed across and up towards the main entrance.



Welcome!!! I'm so happy you were able to find it! I hope the gardens didn't offer too much trouble. If you are still frisky though, there is a hedge maze out across the way. Maybe we can head out there later, or you can just send the kids. It'll keep them busy for hours!


I hope you enjoy your stay here!! There will be plenty of food and fun. For the dancing, there will be a personal hair dresser to help the women with any makeup and hair up-dos needed. Don't worry about heat and water. My future home is completely up to date with running water since the early 1900s and radiant heat. If you don't see a radiator in your room, don't worry, its under the floor. The previous owner, Hélène de Rothschild thought ahead and didn't want to trouble visitors with their unpleasant appearances. I thank her for her forward thinking.


On Sunday morning there will be a church service. You may attend if you like, but not required. It will take place at the small chapel out back around 10am. It will be followed by tea in the main hall and lunch shortly thereafter in the dining room. Please, respect the occassion and dress appropriately.


If the weather is nice, there will most likely be some tables set up in the front of the entrance, to the side of the chapel. From here we will be able to enjoy the scenery and the beautiful pond. I hope you don't mind the fresh air.



I hope you have all enjoyed your visit. Please don't overstay your welcome, as nobody likes a mooch. If you don't leave, i'll have my prince husband drive you out with his big, giant truck. We don't want tire marks on the grass. We ask for your consideration. It was such a pleasure having you all and can't wait for your next visit. Until then, please don't let the door hit you on the way out.


I am not going to ruin my fairtale dream life by recounting the total, actual history of the place. If you want to burst my bubble, click HERE for the website.


Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow, you can hear about the near by town of Utrecht, where we get all of the provisions needed for hosting such a glorious stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment