Mar 4, 2010

Just Another Day

Today has been quite uneventful. I have been pretty busy at work, which is nice and there doesn’t seem to be anything too catastrophic going on anywhere nearby or in the news. Kelly continues to blog about her fun trip to Germany and I continue to be jealous when I read about it.

Jillian’s workout kicked my butt yesterday. It was very tiring, and I am sore today - my calves mostly. I’m sure Kelly had fun watching me work out in our “dining room” area. I’m pretty sure I asked her to put me out of my misery a few times. Oh well, no pain no gain, right?

Tomorrow I plan on heading down to Rotterdam to visit Erik, Mark’s real Dutch brother. I guess we’ll be hitting the town tomorrow evening and hopefully I’ll be able to con him out of a tour on Saturday. Kelly has 2 friends arriving on Saturday as well. I guess they/we will tour Haarlem on Saturday then we were thinking about trying to go to Den Haage (The Hague) on Sunday. Kelly and I haven’t been either so it will hopefully be a good adventure. They have a jam packed schedule for the week they are here. I would too if I was in their shoes! I’m glad we can help facilitate people’s tour of the continent  Kelly’s mom will be here next Monday as well. I can’t wait to meet her. I’ve obviously heard so much about her and she seems like a really neat person. It will also be glad to have a mother figure around. Mine is a bit harder to pin down.

I guess we’re getting a new floor in the office building. I’m not exactly sure how all this works, but apparently, we’re sinking. So they are going to jack up the building and put stuff underneath to stabilize the floor and make it all level again. We also get new carpet. The downside to this, all of the furniture has to be moved off the 1st floor. That is a lot of equipment. They are going through bookshelves and cleaning out cabinets in what I’m guessing is an effort to make them light and get rid of old stuff. In New Mexico the ground is so hard, it generally doesn’t move. Apparently, since Holland used to be underwater, the ground still shifts and sinks. Lucky country.

I am also starting to make friends. I answer the phone when our co-workers are out. It generally rings about 45 seconds after they step out of the office. People are slowly getting more and more used to having an American answer, and even asking me questions about how I am still liking my time here and job. I get excited about any friends that I can find! Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment